Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wait till the summer comes along

I feel like a little kid again in regards to my anticipation of summer. I don't know if its more how much I disliked school this semester and can't wait for it to end, or if its really what the summer holds that I am more excited about. Both parts will be just as sweet I'm sure. Unfortunately I will be taking summer school right off the bat, but at least it is a class that I will have great interest in. Just that the commute into Boise 4 days a week for just 2 hours of class will really get old. Also, even though I am not too close to too many of them, it will be a bit of a bummer to not have around all the local university students who will be leaving in the summer. But lets look more at the good things this summer has to offer such as warmth and sunshine.

So far, I can't seem to break my habit of putting on a sweater before I step outside only to find out that it is much too warm for multiple layers. I do really like sweaters, but it will be nice to no longer need one. I am so excited to have free time to do things I want without some sort of paper lingering over my head that I know I should be doing instead. Such things might include reading a book that isn't required for school, or perhaps fully recording an entire song, or some sort of writing project, who knows. I just hope I'm productive in some way. We have already had a few glimpses of how wonderful it is to have concerts at the coffee garage with the doors open and tons of people around, and it is quite an enjoyable experience. Plenty of bike riding will take place as well. There will be weddings and road trips. Even though I have already experienced a cross country road trip of my own, I can't help but be a little jealous of Caleb and Tori's month and a half long adventure across the eastern half of the country. But Joe, Diana, and I are hoping to conquer the west with a little road trip to my hometown and many stops along the way. That is definitely something to get excited about. Oh so much to look forward to. For some it has already begun, but for me, I have a little less than 3 weeks to wait, and when it finally comes it will be oh so sweet. What are you looking forward to this summer?

No comments: