Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some Mother's Son

Today I feel like one of those little kids who cries, "I want my mommy" whenever anything goes wrong for them away from her. Last night through this morning I felt sicker than I have in quite some time. The last time I felt this sick was probably last summer when I experienced heat exhaustion. Though that only lasted until I cooled down and threw up, and then I was back to normal. Plus I had family there to take care of me. This sickness however is not going to be cured by a little throwing up session. Luckily I already feel better than I did whilst trying to sleep last night, but definitely not 100% just yet. Last night made me miss more than ever my loving mother. There is nothing like the feeling of being taken care of when sick, and my mom was always quite good at this. Maybe a little wimpy for a grown man to feel this way, but I guess I always have kind of been a little bit of a mama's boy. I was craving like none other just the simple act of her placing her hand on my forehead to tell me if I had a temperature or not. Just knowing someone is there to look after you is the greatest feeling ever when you are sick. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to my mom for all the times she has taken great care of me when sick, and that it is hard to get used to not having. I'll live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Shaun. I miss you being at home so I can mother you. I hope you are feeling better.

Love Mom