Saturday, April 12, 2008

toilet paper

I live in the upstairs of a church owned house where they use the downstairs as their church office. Seems weird to me to have a church office in the middle of a regular neighborhood, but I guess if you think about it, thats where a church should be. Anyways, yesterday I spent almost the entire day in this house. It was very nice to have a lazy day after a not so enjoyable week of school and late nights of homework, but also makes you feel like a waste of a human being by the end of it. Anyways, as I wasted a day away up here all the while planning on leaving and going anywhere at any minute, something happened; we got toilet papered. Right under my very nose. I am sure it was the church's youth group members that did it because I remember hearing a bunch of youngsters outside talking to each other. I thought nothing of this because people come and go down there throughout the day making all sorts of noises, youth group meetings seem to happen regularly. They only toilet papered the small little walkway leading to my door which leads to nothing but mine and my roomate's little upstair bachelor pad and has no connection to downstairs. They did a decent job of decorating this small path, but whats strange is that this house has two enormous trees and a nice size yard that really is the most perfect target of any tp artist. It has endless potential. They however bipassed all the trees and just concentrated all their efforts and resources on my front door path. I guess all I can say is I admire their artistic integrity in having very little resources and deciding to do one small little area really well rather than a huge terrible job. I feel a little foolish not catching them in the act; not that I would have done anything, but I guess still just my presence appearing would have given them a good scare sending them running. I even recall hearing them through my window ask each other what was upstairs as they left, and wondering where the stairs were because they had never seen any inside. I wish I could have told him, "Well, thats because there are none inside, and you just toilet papered a stranger." I suppose I could relay the message to the intended target.

1 comment:

shaun said...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2314/1544744259_0490c6683f.jpg?v=0