Friday, May 30, 2008

Sturman's smoke shop

Yesterday entailed a trip into downtown Boise where I visited my new favorite store, Sturman's Smoke Shop. Mr Sturman is one of my favorite people right now. I am yet to see this jolly old man without a cigar in hand which makes me feel kind of bad for his lungs, but he's pretty darn cool. He is a personality that can easily put a smile on your face, and loves to share any knowledge he has on any number of topics; makes you feel right at home. Usually in stores like these which are usually just full of old men and sell small, very expensive items, I always feel like the owner or worker is annoyed that I am in there and that they have to keep a very close eye on me, and I definitely felt this way at first, just out of habit, but Mr. Sturman quickly made me feel like I belonged. I noticed one of my favorite books behind his counter and asked him how he liked it which led to a great discussion of books and people, and he showed us a very valuable book on pipes with amazing pictures in it. He also holds Bible studies with his friends, in his smoke shop. This is definitely what a store should be, a place for friends to meet, discuss good topics and of course purchase a thing or two.

No comments: