Monday, April 6, 2009

Boring update of thoughts and plans, and pros and cons.

5 weeks until I am done with this thing called college. I will be the first person of my immediate family to do such a thing, but I credit that to me just being the only one who didn't have something better come along before finishing time. I really can't wait for that moment I get to close Microsoft Word for the last time. It will satisfy me like nothing else. And to have actual free-time without homework always in the back of my procrastinating mind will be such a relief. Reading and/or writing whatever I feel like will be a welcome experience as well. Unfortunately, like many great new things in life, they come at a cost. There is always an upside and downside to every experience, they may be harder to find at times, but there is always something to be happy or sad about. So with all these wonderful things I will be so happy to longer have to do, I will also be sad to no longer experience the classroom, the intelligent discussions, the passing on of knowledge, and the forced learning of things you would otherwise never think to look up.

And with the joyous freedom I will experience, comes new sets of responsibility. I will have to be a real adult; no longer a fake college one. I can no longer use the excuse of being in school as to why I am not going anywhere in life. Do I need to be going anywhere though? After all, I don't have too much to complain about with my current lifestyle, but I know it would get old fast if there was no sight of something better to work towards and strive for.

As for the immediate changes this summer will bring, there are many. For one thing, I am already more appreciative of outdoor warm air than ever before. Even though this was actually my 2nd real winter experience, the first one I enjoyed more for some reason; probably because last year had more beautiful snow. Cold air is pointless without snow. Secondly, it seems many friends are leaving for the summer, or some maybe for good. Though I will still have a solid group, all the new great friends I have acquired over the last year will be gone, just in time for me to finally feel free to really enjoy their company any day of the week. Thirdly, I will once again be moving, and in need of new people to live with. That is exciting, but also scary, and also just plain annoying. Even though I don't really like this house I currently live in, moving is a huge hassle. But I do really like the possible prospects of future living situations, its just that none of them are a sure thing yet, which adds some unpleasant uncertainty to it all. Lastly, I am now in a band that has some fun aspirations for the summer. I hope for us to improve as a group and find a lot of people who like us. Other than that, I have a couple weddings to attend this summer as is customary. Hopefully they will be a fun time of seeing old friends.

I believe that is all I have to say for now. I hope this finds you all well, and I hope to see you all soon.

No comments: