Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Be True to Your School

Well Summer is over. It was a rather busy and fun one which unfortunately made it go by way too fast. I really wish I could have just one or two weeks more of nothing, but too late. Now I am back to the life of always feeling like I should be doing something that I'm not. Here I am entering what should be my last full year of school. I haven't stopped this school routine in the last 18 years of my life, and I have come to realize I have a very big love/hate relationship with school. The things I hate about it are obvious: the stress, the deadlines, the commute, and the always having something I should be doing or reading instead of doing what I want and reading what I want. The things I love about it are that it kind of makes you feel intellectual to be going to school, the class discussions, the couple funny professors, the occasional learning of interesting things that are usually quickly forgot, and the challenge of being forced to think about things you wouldn't think about otherwise. The other thing I like about school is that even though you have no idea what to do with your life, you at least feel like you are accomplishing something with your life while you are in it. I can feel perfectly fine not having a real career because, well, I am in school. Sadly, I only have 1 more year of that feeling. Then I have to be a real grown up. Maybe thats why I stretched this whole thing out into 6 years.

So in about a year from now, I should have myself a bachelors degree in Communication/English, and a minor in Philosophy. So I guess that is supposed to tell people that I can think well and communicate those thoughts well in the English language, and maybe even write them down. I don't really feel all that competent in any of those categories, but hopefully I can convince someone otherwise. Thats all

No comments: