Saturday, June 14, 2008

To Mi Padre

Today is Father's Day, and since I am a bit of a bad long distant son, I didn't personally send my dad anything, but just did my usual have my sister or mom cover for me. I should work on breaking that habit, but since it is the day of, the best I can do is write a bit of a love letter to my great dad for him and anyone else to see how much I really care for him, and how great he really is. Perfect he is not of course, as nobody is, but to put it simply, he really is just a great dad to have. Not only is he my father, but my friend, and has always encouraged me to follow my dreams, and did the best he could to turn me into the best I could be. In a world where just having a dad there at all is no guarantee, I thank God greatly for giving me you. I still remember in Kindergarten when we had Father and Son day at school, and we rather unsuccessfully tried to fly a kite, and then built a little shelf together. At the end of the day I said it was the best day of my life, and I doubt I could argue with that today. I remember the countless bedtime stories you made up of the toebiting crocodiles followed by our bedtime prayers, and the occasional making up of silly songs on the spot with your guitar. Its hard to fight back tears of joy thinking of all the wonderful memories. You've taught me a fair share of your talents too, and I can only hope to be close to as good at them as you are someday.

Anyways, Dad, I really wish I could be with you and all the family on this day, but for now, I guess this and a phone call will have to suffice. Just one more month and we can hang out.
I love you Charlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is truely the best gift ever!!!.
I am blessed beyond words.
You have made this fathersday, one that I will lovingly remember for the rest of my life.
Thank you my son.

I love you,
Dad