Friday, March 28, 2008

Father and Son

Today was spent working at a friend's new store she is moving into. It was a fun time of making and cleaning up messes, tearing apart ceilings and making new ones. All of which was similar to the kind of stuff I used to do back home as a job. It was a good time overall. Only bad part was the hour of putting up with Coheed and Cambria; ugh that band is annoying. It was later made up for though with some classic 90s pop music that reminded me of driving to school in my childhood. The whole construction thing though reminded me much of my dad. I think it was the first construction project I was involved with that he wasn't also a part of. Made it kind of feel like something was missing. There wasn't always that person there to ask for the perfect solution to a problem or to tell me to look alive and get busy. Or even if not there knowing that he would be coming around anytime checking to see whats gotten done. Made me kind of miss him. So Dad, if you somehow mysteriously find out about this blog of mine, I miss you, and also my old working buddies Sam and Carl, but especially you.
Cheers

No comments: