Monday, July 21, 2008

It is the summer of my smile

The past week or two has involved a rather enjoyable trip back to the place I grew up. I think growing up here kind of made me take for granted how cool of a place this really is, and being on vacation here gives a new appreciation for it all. Plus when you are on vacation you don't have to worry about any of the work and high costs of living here. Plus you have a mom that is perfectly happy in spoiling you with anything and make any meal for you whenever you like. Plus you have friends that are all rather eager to see you and excited for you to be around. But then again, you have to answer the dang question of, "how's Idaho?" 50 bazillion times to people who don't really care but feel they have to ask (not that I wouldn't do the same thing). The trip has been full of good times. Had breakfast at my brother's house 2nd day here, a birthday party for Elliott Saturday, and lunch at Aunt Mary and Uncle Lori's house where we ate, drank, and beed merry (I know beed isn't a word, but I like it). All the places were full of great food. My brother makes some mighty good tender ribs. It's all going by so fast.

Now for some lists.

Things that have changed in the last year around here since I left:

1. Both my sister and her husband have new jobs.
2. My brother and his family live in a new house and has a new car.
3. My old bedroom has been completely remodeled and is quite nice now and is without that weird smell (which had nothing to do with me). Dad's office is all new too.
4. My dog Sadie looked near death last time I was here, but now seems quite lively once again. Though she is still growing new little tumors.
5. My 4 best guy and girl friends are now dating each other, weird.
6. My sister in law is pregnant.
7. It is now illegal to talk on the phone while driving here.
8. Our trash company now makes us recycle instead of doing it all themselves like before.
9. All my friends seem to now have full time careers.
10. Kids are bigger and Elliott can have full conversations now.
11. I think that's all.

Things which are the same:

1. People
2. TK Burger is still awesome.
3. In-n-Out is still awesome.
4. Beach is still there.
5. Niece and Nephew still remember me, but were just a little shy at first.

Things accomplished thus far:

1. Beach day, which included the most fun wiffle ball games ever, and I won, yippee.
2. Skunked Dad in cribbage
3. Took old dog Sadie to the Beach for a swim.
4. Saw Dark Knight at midnight: awesome, even with the holes in the story.
5. Went to dentist and everything is all good. (2 years ago I went, and the lady said, "and don't wait another 2 years to come back." I showed her.)
6. May have found a place to live when I get back to Idaho which was very needed, and with good people. Thank the good Lord, always providing things like that.
7. Got haircut.
8. Enjoyed it all
9. Almost forgot, but I got my dog Jack a girlfriend. She'll be ready to make babies with him come September so that his name will live on, and he won't die a virgin. Hopefully she'll like him though. The bitch apparently hasn't liked any guys in the past (I'm not cussing that's what their called). But Jack is quite a Stud so I think she won't pass him up. I mean who could turn down this face?














10. And another thing I forgot, 2 bike rides. One enjoyable one through a dark probably not that safe park to the Orange Circle (old fashion little downtown where they often film movies set in the 50's such as That Thing You Do), and then to Rite-Aid for some ice cream. On the way back through the park we came across a couple abandoned giant ice blocks. So we pushed them up the hill and rode them down a few times. The other bike ride however was on the most uncomfortable mountain bike ever and was literally uphill both ways. At least there was a nice jacuzzi as our destination.

Things hoped to accomplish still:

1. Build my own cribbage board.
2. See remaining people I hoped to see while here.
3. Spend more time with friends.
4. Play Basketball
5. Enjoy it all

That's all I have to say for now I believe.

5 comments:

thefamousnic said...

I almost got skunked in cribbage today, but knobs pulled though for me.

I am getting a new bike next week. We can go on many bike rides this fall.

kylee said...

oh yes! I am happy for you, that you have had this time at home. i like the lists. ever heard of in-n-out?

shaun said...

Good job on the not getting skunked Nic. Knobs is often overlooked. We should have ourselves some cribbage games sometime. Joe knows how to play now too.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've hung out with you more when you were here. Next time we will have to plan some fun LA activities. I had no idea Jack was looking to make puppies? Have fun on your little trip that you are probably on right now. nicole

Anonymous said...

yes this is one of my fave posts thus far. i think i was one of those 50 bazillion that asked about Idaho though...